Your First Appointment
Preparing for Acupuncture
Before your first acupuncture treatment you will need to fill out medical intake forms.
Here are a few things to think about related to your primary complaint:
- When did this condition first start?
- What makes it worse; what makes it better?
- Is it improving or getting worse over time?
- To what degree does it interfere with your daily routine, work or sleep?
These are words that distinguish different types of pain:
- Dull and achy
- Radiating (from where?)
- Intermittent, comes and goes
On the Day of Your Acupuncture Appointment
- Bring your notes and a list of current medications.
- Eat a light meal or a snack 2 hours prior to your visit. Do not overeat or come hungry.
- Avoid alcohol on the day of your treatment.
- Avoid heavy exertion for 3-5 after treatment, including an intense workout.
- Be on time for your appointment so that you may benefit fully. You will never be charged if you cancel with at least 24 hours notice.
Preparing For Coaching
Please download your coaching form at least 1 week prior to your first coaching appointment. Read through the questions first so you begin to think globally about the kinds of information that is important to share with me. Take your time filling out the form. It may take you a few days. Please email the form to me 3 – 4 days before your first coaching session. We will talk about it during your session.